COVID-19 Community Information, Prevention and Recovery Measures
The InR programme has, in the course of the pandemic the Republic of Serbia had plunged into in March 2020, supported emergency assistance, information and prevention activities, including community recovery measures, as a form of assistance to the most vulnerable population in the territory of RS.
The measures aim to reduce the susceptibility of the most vulnerable Roma families living in substandard settlements, and of other marginalised persons in Serbia (long-term unemployed, persons with disabilities, single mothers, women victims of violence, members of large families), during and after the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, through adequate and efficient support delivery in 18 local self-governments.
The measures are to include the following activities:
- Community information, prevention and recovery from COVID-19 virus;
- Delivery of food, sanitation supplies and disinfectants to the most vulnerable population in 18 partner towns and municipalities;
- Socio-economic empowerment of Roma and other marginalised persons through short-term employment (piloting the German concept / Cash for Work employment measures / “Together for the Community”);
- Networking and working with various local institutions, supporting capacity building for a more efficient response and mitigation of pandemic consequences;
- Strengthening local emergency teams to work with marginalised groups and meet their needs in crisis situations.